Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
New Look, New You [Open/BB]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 0:02:46 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

It was a new year, and Rex had decided to go completely cliché today. He wasn't sure whether he regretted it or not, but it was a little late to change it.. his hair was cut. What was originally a mess of hair he made no effort to maintain, was now closer to his head, brushed and...clean? Amazingly, he was actually considering keeping it neat and clean! [break][break]

"What do you think, One? I look good, right?" He chattered, dancing around the beast with new energy, "All we gotta do is clean you up now...like that contest shit we did!" There was a tone of fondness in his voice, whether he'd say it out loud or now, that showy contest had fit him like a glove...it had felt nice to be cheered for just cause you were flashy and looked good, the crowd had actually liked him and One! They were idiots, but still! [break][break]

...but how stupid would that be? A guy like him, Rocket even, being a contest competitor? He'd be a joke...and besides, One wasn't looking too happy at the prospect of being cleaned up again, so he might as well focus on that instead of stupid thoughts.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: New Year New You mission!

[attr="class","tag"]@open

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,428 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 0:47:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Something that Hideo’s parents drilled into his head was that the New Years was a time for cleaning: clean his room, clean himself, and just as important: clean his Pokemon.

He’d been fortunate that he was the only one here cleaning his Pokemon at the moment. Left him with plenty of open spaces for his other Pokemon to help out; his water-types were helping clean off some of his other Pokemon.

That was until he heard someone getting closer. Sounding like they intended to clean their Pokemon up too. “Ah well, nice while it lasted. Come on back, guys, we’re back to using just this space! I’ll finish cleaning anyone who still needs some cleaning, but everyone else: back in your ball!

The sound of Pokemon being drawn back in would no doubt be heard quite a distance away.  By the time that other person would get there, there’d only be one of Hideo's Pokemon left: Rocky, his Lycanroc. “Sorry we left such a mess!” the boy said, “We were just taking advantage of all the free space!”  At least there were plenty of wash basins still out to use, but the area was soaked.

Rocky was less than thrilled with the prospect of being cleaned, yet uneasily approached his trainer, brushing his fur against the boy’s hands. “Alright, let’s get to it. Try not to squirm too much, Rocky.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 3:20:57 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

One perked up at the sound of returning Pokemon, jaws starting to part until Rex smacked him roughly in the shoulder, hissing under his breath, "We're not fighting, idiot. We're not messing up my look today." His grumbling evolved into a smile as he peered into the area. "Ohhh." [break][break]

A dog Pokemon...thing! [break][break]

His fossil beast peered around the area, seemingly peeved it was already occupied before marching forward...towards the other human and Pokemon. God, One, couldn't he tell that Rex didn't feel like talking to someone else today!? [break][break]

"No problem!" He chirped, nonetheless, already putting on his usual smile and voice. One rested near the basin, eyes swiveling between Rex and it distastefully. Always obedient to him, but not always happy with his decision. [break][break]

"Preparing for somethin' special?" He raised the question casually, ignoring One rumbling as he started with a great big deal of water dumped on the large Pokemon.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,428 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 18:16:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo heard hissing. He couldn’t immediately identify what Pokemon it was, but the sound its feet made as they splashed against the water made it seem like a big one.

Rocky was already growling, his natural response to a random Pokemon approaching his trainer. But that attempt to intimidate fell through when the Lycanroc lurched back, yelping after Hideo dumped some water on his back.

The last thing Hideo wanted was for a fight to break out in here; it’d ruin all his preparation, and probably get him banned from here. He couldn’t see Rocky glaring at him, but he could hear his whimpering. “No fighting, Rocky,” he sternly said, “And the water would’ve been warmer if you let me clean you sooner. Now stand still, or it'll get even colder.

He’d start wiping down his Pokemon, making sure he got to every nook and cranny. He wouldn’t make any effort to look at where he was cleaning; after all, he had to rely completely on touch for this part.

It would take some focus, but he could still talk. “It’s New Years! My Mom and Dad always say that New Years is the time to clean up. If you start off clean, you’ll be clean for the rest of the year. If you’re dirty, you stay dirty. That includes Pokemon too.

That what you’re here for, Mister?” He didn’t turn to face the other man - not like he could see him. “You here to clean your Pokemon up for a special occasion?

...what Pokemon is that anyways? I don’t recognize them.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 20:53:35 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Cleaning keeps you clean all year? Rex couldn't help but bark out a laugh, at the very least, the conversation was occupying him from the difficult task of scrubbing dirt out if a Pokemon that likely hadn't been cleaned in a year. "Well, thats silly. Gotta keep cleaning, don't ya?" He never heard that from his parents...not that he heard much from them anyway. Must have been some new thing he never bothered to learn.

The man noticeably perked up once the conversation turned to his own Pokemon, "Nah, nothin' special...just thought if I were looking better, he should too." There was a moment if thought, and he beamed proudly, "Last time we did this,, we almost won a contest!" He was still bitter about that. "Maybe you'll see me there again, if this New Year means anything good! [break][break]

"He's an A-Aero...Aerodactyl." Rex managed to stammer out the name, likely one of the few Pokemon names he bothered to remember, "He's real special, they had to bring him back from bones!" He patted the Pokemon proudly, grinning happily, "How 'bout you, do kids have special occasions?" [break][break]

He was getting into the talking too much...

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[/b][/b][/div][/div]
template by kay
[/div]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,428 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 23:56:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He did suppose it sounded silly. The concept was a bit esoteric. “Yeah, but if you start off clean, you don’t get dirty as fast. And it’s easier to clean up when it isn’t all built up.” He had to scrub Rocky pretty hard to get the dirt out of him - not just because he had so much fur for it to hide in. “Plus, if you stay dirty too long, you get sick and make the people around you sick. So it’s just as much about staying healthy as it is looking and feeling good. And it’s my job as a trainer to make sure my Pokemon are clean and healthy. Isn’t that right, Rocky?

That earned a snarl, which rapidly turned into a whimper as Hideo squeezed some water on him.

Hideo grinned, back to scrubbing. “Eh, I don’t really go and watch contests. Not really much there that get my interest.” It's hard to enjoy something where the appeal was almost entirely visual. “But I wish you good luck with yours! I hear they’re pretty competitive.

As for what Pokemon the man had...it didn’t sound familiar. But what Hideo did recognize was the process he mentioned.

Of course kids get special occasions!...but I’m not cleaning for something in particular. This is just stuff I do every year for New Years. ‘Course, doesn’t hurt to be clean; you never know when something’s gonna happen.” It also proved he was fully capable of taking care of himself and his Pokemon, a vital component of being a good trainer.

He patted his lap, with Rocky answering his call and laying his head on his trainer’s lap. Easier to clean that way. “And it’s pretty cool that you got a fossil Pokemon! I hear they’re pretty rare! Though I hear they’re also pretty hard to train. But if you got close to winning last time, I’m sure that wasn’t an issue for you.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 3:37:32 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Rex tilted his head, job as a trainer? Nevermind that a kid as young as this was apparently a "trainer", the words hit him as...wrong. as trainer, it was his job to make his Pokemon strong, make it so that they and him would never be hurt. That's the way he entered the world. Who cared if they and him got dirty? They always were. "Huh...well, you seem to ve doing a good job." He let loose a boring platitude, that was what most of these "trainers" liked to hear, right? [break][break]

One grumbled, an eye rolling over to glare at Rex as he struggled with a particularly encased shred of mud. Too aware of its ability to harm the human though, that was all the defiance that One chose to show. At the very least, it wouldn't whimper. [break][break]

Rex listened silently, a rarity for him as he found a difficulty...how did people have these normal conversation? [break][break]

"Something important?" He thought momentarily, quickly coming up with his own version of "something important", "You do battle or something, maybe?" Still didn't understand how being clean would help that, but it was the only situation he saw as important, except meeting a boss or something, but a kid wasn't gonna meet someone important like that, huh? [break][break]

Again, he beamed, joined by a toothy grin from One, "Yeah, we both kinda like people cheering for us, so it was kinda easy to get him to do it!"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[/quote][/b][/b][/div][/div]
template by kay
[/div]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,428 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 19:30:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smiled. “Thanks! It did take some practice, but I can clean Rocky pretty well now. Helps that I’ve had him for years; ain’t the first time I’ve had to clean him!” He made sure to scrub every inch of the Lycanroc’s face, whether his Pokemon liked it or not.

He was done by the time the man asked him another question. With Rocky’s head, body, legs, and feet done, all he had left to do was the tail. “Well, yeah! It doesn’t hurt to be ready for whatever’s coming by, and people’ll like you more if you’re nice and clean. And I do battle sometimes - just about everyone with Pokemon does - but there’s plenty of stuff to do outside of battle.

Granted, fighting was most of what Rocky did besides guide him around. And try to scare people away.

And I don’t just do it to look good; I do it because I like to take care of my Pokemon! Training them to be strong and grooming them right feels right!”  Hence why he cleaned all his Pokemon.

Fortunately, Rocky’s tail was one of the least filthy parts of his body, though it was also one of the furriest. Rocky was kind enough to move it around so it’d be easier for him, at the very least.

I’m sure people will cheer you on when you got a nice, clean Aerodactyl. A little bit more grooming may be the edge you need to get a win on your next contest!

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 0:04:40 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Training them to be strong and grooming them right feels right. Rex's grin fell slightly, looking more thoughtful as he pondered the almost ridiculous sentiment. So a trainer was supposed to care about all their Pokemon. Weird. Even the useless ones? One growled, drawing him back into reality that he had zoned out of...right, he was rising One off. "Well, you seem to be doing a good job." Not a right one, a good one. [break][break]

"Hopefully that cleaning gets your dog even better." He parroted back, grinning himself at the encouragements. He himself felt like One was cool and rugged when he had dirt and rock around, but contests were dumb affairs anyway. [break][break]

The moment he finished cleaning One, the Aerodyactl jerked upwards, marching away all affronted by his new cleanliness. "Looks like One decided we're done here." Rex chucked, starting off after the beast, "Happy New Years, kid, see ya around." He knew he'd certainly be visible one day.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,428 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 1:10:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo’s bemused grin only grew. “Oh, I’m sure it’ll make him a lot better!” He couldn’t see Rocky’s annoyed glares, but he knew Rocky wasn’t liking this any more than when he started. He didn’t exactly take joy from Rocky’s dislike of this, but it did amuse him.

But once he heard the Aerodactyl walk off, he knew it was time for the other man to head out. “Happy New Years to you too, Mister!” he said, finally looking over towards the man (out of politeness). “And good luck with your contest; I’m sure One’ll do even better than last time!

A bold assumption, but hey, he almost won the contest last time; with more experience (and cleaning), he should be sure to win that one.

Now all that was left was to finish with Rocky. His entire body completely washed, all Hideo had left to do was dry him off. It’d take a couple towels and a hairdryer, but he made sure to dry Rocky off from head to toe to tail.

*poof*

Rocky’s fur poofed out like a Dubwool. Hideo ran a hand through it, content with his handwork. “A shame he left before he could see this; everyone loves seeing you with your fur like this!

Rocky pushed his hand away, fortunate that Hideo couldn’t see his blushing cheeks. “*snrk* Come on! You gotta be used to these by now! Looking like a Dubwool is better than looking like a Grimer!

End Thread

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 4:12:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: